Consider what every Modi hater would say about Narendra Modi a couple of years ago:
- He is just a PR creation. APCO is backing him.
- He has support only on internet, can only become Prime Minister of Twitter.
- He may win Gujarat, but India is not Gujarat.
Now consider what many BJP supporters say about Arvind Kejriwal of late:
- He is just a media creation. Lutyens media is backing him.
- He has got only army of AAPtards trending hashtags, no ground support.
- He may win Delhi, but India is not Delhi.
Does it sound like Arvind Kejriwal is on his way to become the next Prime Minister of India after winning Delhi thrice, just like Modi won Gujarat thrice earlier? And, well, technically he has won Delhi twice already!
The BJP has to realize that the “bhagoda” Kejriwal is here to stay for the long race. They can continue to reject him like Modi haters used to reject Modi, and thus help Kejriwal become the next Prime Minister of India, or analyze this phenomenon and learn their lessons.
In this article, I try to analyze what made Kejriwal click with Delhi’s audience and why BJP’s strategies failed.